Shopping for a baby is pretty thrilling and sometimes overwhelming, especially when its your baby. It can be pretty intense trying to figure out what is going to be the perfect crib, which car seat is the best choice for safety, if the baby carrier we chose is really as functional as it says it will be, etc.
There are a ton of choices to make and agonize over, but there are some choices that are just plain easy and fun. Once we made up our minds on the items that were necessities, we began to register or purchase the fun items for our little guy. Here are some of my favorites:
- “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone: The Illustrated Edition“ — This was probably more of a purchase for me than Oliver, but what better way to start sharing my favorite series of books with my son than with the illustrated version? The illustrations are absolutely gorgeous, and I think all Harry Potter fans need to add this to their library.
- Harry Potter and Doctor Who onesies. It’s best to start them young, right? The little guy has so many cute outfits, but these two are my favorite onesies. They are a little pricey for something he won’t fit into for too long, but still very worth the joy Brett and I will experience when he gets to wear them. 🙂 We found these on Amazon.com.
- NoJo Out of This World Four-Piece Crib Set. When choosing our theme for Oliver’s nursery, I really, really wanted to do a Harry Potter nursery. I found photos on Pinterest of the cutest nursery, but when I began searching for items for this theme, it was either incredibly expensive or very hard to find. As I have said before, I’m not crafty. If I was, I would maybe try to do some of the decor myself. That being said, Brett and I agreed on a space theme for our little guy. It’s definitely easier to find decor for this theme than Harry Potter, but still not the easiest. We settled on this crib set, and it’s adorable. My mom is a whiz at finding cute decor, and she found a huge variety of wall stickers, decor and even an adorable, rocket-shaped piggy bank! It’s perfect for our little guy!
- Darth Vader Bear from Build-A-Bear Workshop. Brett is a huge Star Wars fan, so when we received this gift from his parents at our baby shower, he was over the moon. It’s not only cute and cuddly (as cuddly as Vader can be!), but if you squeeze his paw, he makes Vader’s infamous breathing noises. Pretty cool!
- Baby Brezza Formula Pro One Step Bottle Maker. Brett is a coffee aficionado, and when he saw this formula maker, he was incredibly giddy. We added it to our registry, not really thinking anyone would get it for us. But someone did! We haven’t tried it out yet, but I’m hoping it will make our lives a little bit easier when it comes to dinner time. 🙂
- “Oliver Who Would Not Sleep” and “Oliver’s Tree.” This was another one of my favorite baby shower gifts. My mom found adorable books where the main character was named Oliver. I have already been reading them out loud, and they are two of my favorite books for Oliver. I can just imagine him with red hair like the character in this book. 😉
- Oliver’s sign. Some of the best gifts are the ones you can’t buy in a store. This sign is one of my favorite gifts Oliver has received. Brett’s sister made this for us, and it is absolutely perfect for Oliver’s room. I added a few space-themed stickers around it, and it looks adorable over his dresser/changing table.