Like everyone else in the world, I think Pinterest is the bee’s knees. A lot of things I found myself perusing are probably unattainable (immaculately decorated rooms in spectacular houses or a hairstyle that looks fabulous, but is completely beyond my capabilities), but there are also so many useful, helpful and amazing discoveries I have found on Pinterest.
I do not consider myself crafty. At all. I would much rather buy an amazing craft someone else created that I can display in my home. It may cost me more money, but I also avoid the headache and annoyance of failing miserably. But I do like trying new recipes, fun ways to fix my hair, gifts or items for myself, etc. And I want to share the experience I have had with some of my favorite Pinterest finds.
- 50 Perfect Ways to Use Ripe Bananas. I love bananas, but I like them when they are still a little green. So when they are yellow with black beginning to show up on the peel, I won’t eat them. My mom has an amazing banana bread recipe that I make a lot. I like to change it up by throwing in chocolate chips, but with the bananas piling up in my freezer, I needed an inventive new way to use them. So far, I have tried the Nutella Banana Oat Muffins, and they were superb. And there are so many other delicious-sounding recipes on here. I can’t wait to try them out!
- Easy Hearty Crockpot Stew. Soups and crockpot meals are the best, especially in winter. I was looking for a stew recipe and gave this one a try. I wound up using too much garlic powder (word to the wise: a little goes a long way), but it was still yummy and provided plenty of leftovers.
- Crispy Cheddar Chicken. This has become a mainstay at our house. It’s easy, quick and delectable. We like pairing it with baked potatoes or mashed potatoes, but I’m sure there are plenty of sides this would go great with it.
- Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings. My sister made this for dinner while we were visiting them earlier this year, and it was scrumptious. I had to try it myself. It’s incredible, and tastes just as good warmed up the next day.
- My Pinterest fan board. I’m obsessed with all things “Harry Potter,” “Doctor Who,” books, British television, etc. Pinterest is basically a fangirl’s dream of memes, quotes, memorabilia and even fan-related fashion. My fan board is chock-full of things I consider amazing, and no matter what you are a fan of, I am certain you can find it on Pinterest!
- The Ultimate Fandom Necklace. Speaking of fandoms, I discovered this necklace on Pinterest and had to have it. You can wear all the charms together, or if you are like me, you can wear them one at a time. Whatever suits you. 🙂
- First Time Mom Advice: Dos and Dont’s. This post has some fantastic suggestions for first-time moms about pregnancy and how to prepare for a baby. Also, Pinterest has a huge array of posts similar to this about basically any topic. Just do a search or browse around the categories. I bet you will find something that can help you out!
There are so many other things I have discovered on Pinterest that I want to try or have dreamed about purchasing but haven’t yet. And sometimes it’s just fun to scroll through the site and daydream about all the delicious concoctions you can whip up in your immaculate kitchen while wearing a fabulous outfit and an amazing hairdo. Happy pinning!