As much as I enjoy the long, warm days of summer and being able to spend weekends at the lake, I’m itching for the wondrous cool days of autumn. Days of boots, leggings, warm scarves, cozy blankets and hot coffee are in my near future! But until then, here are the things I’m loving most this summer.
- “New Girl.” This is another show that I had heard amazing things about, but never took the time to watch. There is often a drought in quality TV shows in the middle of summer, so it’s Netflix to the rescue! I got Brett to watch this with me, and there have been many times where I have laughed so hard, I have tears in my eyes. It’s kooky and hilarious, and I can’t stop watching it!
- Room Essentials Global Stripe Pillow. I love throw pillows. Brett does not. But he tolerates them for my sake. I was craving some color in our living room. Our carpet is brown, our couches are brown, our curtains are navy blue and I had teal and grey throw pillows on the couch. It needed some zest. I found these affordable and bright throw pillows at Target. I love how they still go with our color scheme, but give a nice pop of color to the room.
- Roxy Women’s Schooner Boat Shoe. These are probably more like a spring or fall shoe, but I found them just recently and I’m obsessed with them. They are adorable and go great with capris or jeans. Love, love, love.
- “The Winter People” by Jennifer McMahon. I don’t normally pick up books that are compared to Steven King novels, but the description sounded so intriguing. I decided to give it a try, and I’m hooked. I admit, I have gotten slightly frightened while reading this in bed at night (or more like I turn off the light and throw the blanket over my head if I hear a noise) but it’s so good! I have sped through the first half and can’t wait to see what is going to happen next.
- Weekender bag. Brett and I are going to be going on vacation soon, and I had been looking into getting a bigger bag to haul around all my carry-on items (camera, wallet, books, snacks, etc.). I saw this at Target the other day, and it’s perfect. It has handles, plus a strap so you can wear it cross-body style. It’s roomy and has lots of pockets. I can’t wait to try it out!
What are some items you are loving this season?